Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shiver

I want to tear you open to see what makes you tick.

I want to find the heart that keeps beating and pumping fresh blood to your body and I want to see the bruises it has. I want to see the muscles that expand and contract to make your beautiful limbs move and I want to know where the points of pressure are. I want to bend your spine to the snapping point just to see how strong it is and I want to pinch your nerves to send waves of pleasure mixed in with pain all across your body. I want to see your stomach do flips and I want to force your jaws to form the words that I want to hear. I want to see all of you.

I want to find the code to crack open your heart.

I want to see your mind scramble for answers as I look deep into your eyes. I want to see you struggle to find words adequate enough to describe the way you feel, even when I'm holding the answers between my lips for you to come and find. I want your tongue to lie to me and hide each key to your heart's doors while I try to use sweet words to coax the truth from you. I want you to encrypt each phrase, each word you say to me just to see if I care enough to try and know you. I want to know all of you.

I want to see the world as you do.

I want to break your head open and splatter your colorful ideas all over the sidewalk. I want to dip my paintbrush into your irises and produce a sunset with the colors that you see and I want to paint myself exactly how you see me. I want to take the puzzle pieces of your scattered mind and try to put them all together and I want my colorful language to continually pierce your skin and your defenses so that I can get inside and leave a me-shaped print on your white soul. I want to see the world through your eyes.

I want to fight with you every step of the way.

I want to try to rip into you with harsh words and I want you to turn and throw it right back in my face when I'm wrong. I want you to hold me to the wall and demand the truth from me and I want you to break down my every defense so you can see just where my heart is. I want us to be as ugly as we can be so we can see how beautiful we really are.

I want you to break into me
as I'm breaking into you.

No comments: