Thursday, July 16, 2009

So I'm home from camp, and... wow, it was the best year I've had there. :) I'm so glad I got to go. My cabin was fabulous, I was Captain Hook in the play Peter Pan, I was kind of on top of the world.

Now that I'm back, I get to see all of my friends again, and that makes me really excited- especially for marching band! We've gotten the beginning of the show, and it sounds amazing. I can't wait to get started, even though I effing hate running. Argh.

I'm currently reading The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, and... it's boring. Like, the plot's all right, I guess, but it's weirdly written. I'm not really a fan. But I have to read it for block next year... and yeah.

OH! I went to see Harry Potter two nights ago- my first premeire!! It was so cool! The special effects were incredible, and I loved it.

Didn't make it into Wind Ensemble from the callback, but I guess that's okay. At least I'll have friends in band with me. And I'll have Eagle Band, so I think I'll be able to manage it.

I have to go, but I'll probably write later, if anyone reads this!

Love,
Lauren. ♥

No comments: